Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hyde Family Reunion - Island Park

We went to Island Park this year for the Hyde reunion. It was so much fun! We rented a huge cabin that was very roomy. Almost everyone was there but the Smiths and Dannon's wife, Jessica. We sure missed them though. We went to Yellowstone one day, and to Mesa Falls and the Johnny Sack cabin. My kids loved being around everybody. The older cousins are so good to my kids. They just jump right in and help take care of them and they are so fun to be around. They are always teaching my kids fun songs and activities to do. That is the benefit of having older cousins too, right? Anyways, I could only hope that my kids turn out like them. They are great examples to my kids.
We each were in charge of a few meals and different activities during the week. It is also Nate's parents 50th wedding anniversary this year so we kind of celebrated it along with the reunion. Nate was in charge of the family night on Monday. We played a game to see how much we knew about them. It was fun to learn things about them that I didn't know already. I was in charge of activities for the little kids. It was a fun little get away. We used to go the Island Park every summer as a kid, so it brought back so many fun memories with my family.


Jaxston enjoying the only sugar he gets when I am not looking. Funny story though: We were driving and he had been screaming for a while. All of a sudden he was quiet for about 10 minutes. When we stopped to get out I noticed that Halle had a tootsie roll that was all slobbery in her hand. I figured she had been feeding it to Jaxston so I told her that she couldn't feed it to him. She said, "Mom, I am not feeding it to him, I am just letting him suck on it." This kid has tried more things then I ever let my other kids try this early! I guess whatever works though right?
They had matching shirts made for everyone. Here is a picture of the back of them. My kids LOVED that everyone matched!



Again, what a good sport. He puts up with a lot from his dad!
.


Here is Nate seeing how many people it takes to life him up.


Here is the group of older cousins playing teeter totter.




These girls get along really well together and have so much fun!







I had to take this picture for my dad. He LOVES Island Park. It is his favorite place to go. Isn't it beautiful??


Halle so excited for Yellowstone.

Family picture opportunity!

0 comments: