Monday, August 31, 2009

Grandpa and Grandma's 80th Birthday!


Justin taking the grandkids for a ride!

So we had an 80th birthday party celebration for my grandparents last month. (I am now just getting around to post about it.) All of my family from that side were there. It was a miracle since we live all over! We have not all been together for a long time, probably years. It was so fun to catch up with my cousins and get together and see their cute families. It was a surprise for my grandparents (I think they knew, but they cure acted surprised!). They didn't know that we would all be there. We had a dinner Friday night and then played a little game where we learned some fun things about them that I didn't know.
Then Saturday we had family pictures. In the afternoon we had a barbecue with everyone at my Aunt's house. It was so fun to be together as a family again. I really am blessed to have the family that I do. I sure wish that my sister lived a little closer though. I always get so sad when they have to leave. My kids love to play with their cousins and I wish they could see them more.
It was fun to be with my grandparents and think of all they have done for me in my life. They are great examples to me and I just love them. They have always been so supportive of everything that I have done. They came to countless dance recitals, piano recitals and anything else that I was involved in even though I know they would of rather been somewhere else. I only wish I can be the kind of people they are...someday!


Grandpa and Grandma...acting surprised!!!

Nate made a bow for Jaxston and one for my grandpa to wear. They were both such good sports!

0 comments: