Sunday, May 25, 2008

Halle-isms

So I feel as if I have posted all about Brinley and nothing about Halle. Mainly it is because Brinley has been so busy with school programs, dance recitals and singing performances that she has been the star of my blog. So I felt like I needed to post something about Halle and the funny little girl that she is. She sure makes our lives fun and she definitely knows how to make us all laugh. This may be a kind of random post, but I wanted to record some of the funny things that she has done lately. The other day Brinley and Halle were playing while I was trying to clean up the house a little. They had been in their room for quite a while and I thought it was great they were getting along so well. The reason was because Halle was letting Brinley get her all ready for her "wedding". Halle came out dressed like this with bows in her hair and her make-up done, courtesy of Brinley. She told me that she was getting married and the conversation went a little like this:

Me: Oh, what are you doing?
Halle: I'm getting ready for my wedding?
Me: And who are you marrying?
Halle: Oh, just my boyfriend?
Me: Oh, you have a boyfriend?
Halle: Yes. He has a cabin in Bear Lake. (We had been talking about going to Nate's parents
cabin for the weekend and one of Halle's very favorite places to go).


Here she is with her hair and make-up done by Brinley, all ready for her wedding. Isn't she just GORGEOUS?


She definitely got her sense of style from her dad!



Earlier that day we were at my parents house and I had showed her and Brinley my wedding dress. Brinley was oohing and ahhing over how BEAUTIFUL it was. Halle didn't say a word for a few seconds...then she looked at me and said, "I don't like white, I think white is ugly. When I get married I am going to have a blue, purple and red dresses and I am going to get married lots and lots of times." She was so serious! Sometimes I wonder where the thoughts in her little head come from. She is so opinionated! (Gee...wonder where that comes from....Nate?!?)



Then the other day Nate had taken them with him to fill up our propane tank. He left them in the car because the store was only a few feet from where he was going and he could keep a good eye on them. He was waiting in line to have the attendant come out and fill it, and it looks out the window and there is Halle hanging halfway out the window. He noticed that a few cars had driven by and stopped and looked at her and then went on their way. So he went outside and there she was yellingout the drivers side window....."STOP, I WANT TO SEE YOUR MOM!" We don't have any idea where that came from but it sure made us laugh! She is such a fun addition to our family and we wonder what we would do without her humor. I think my life was very boring before she came!

2 comments:

Lexi Rae said...

Oh my gosh, your kids are the cutest! I would LOVE to take pictures of them, it would be so fun!

The Ferry Bunch said...

She is so cute. COuld you send her our way!!