Wednesday, June 17, 2009

C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A


San Diego 2009

I have so many pictures to add to my blog and I am a little overwhelmed so this is going to be a very LONG post. I use this blog as my journal so beware of MANY pictures! We made a decision at the VERY last minute (I am talking within 15 minutes) to head to California for a week over Memorial Day. We packed up and ended up leaving at 10:30 at night and we planned to drive through the night while our kids slept. It was harder then we had planned and we decided that we are not as young as we used to be and we NEED our sleep. Nate had been working five days in a row before we left so he had only had a few hours of sleep a night and I just have a hard time staying awake. Nate drove until about Cedar City and then he woke me up and asked if I could drive. Well that lasted about an hour and then I was falling asleep! We pulled over and took a 15 minute nap and then Nate was ready to go again. Needless to say, we were exhausted by the time we got there. We headed to San Diego to visit Nate's sister's family first. We stayed with them a few days. We went to the beach and just hung out. It was a lot of fun to be with them. We haven't been to there house since Brinley was just little so it was fun to spend some time with them. My kids LOVE Nate's sister because she gives them all her attention when they are around. Her kids are all older then ours so she loves to spoil them. Here are some pictures of our visit to San Diego:

Nate took this picture of Brinley. She is spitting out the salt water after swimming in it.

Teresa and Nate relaxing by the ocean

They LOVED playing in the waves. It was a little overcast, but I still got burned! Their was this perfect little beach that was like a cove. It was so much fun and the girls LOVED it!



Jaxston reading about the seals that live here:



Halle hated the smell! We went to La Jolla and saw the seals in the little cove. It was fun but their weren't as many as Teresa thought their would be. It was still fun anyway!

Aunt Teresa and the girls!


La Jolla Cove

4 comments:

Callie said...

How fun, I wish you would have packed me in a suitcase to come :) You are famous! I saw you and Brinley in the NJ today. I'll need to come and get your autograph!

Brad and Jamie said...

What a fun vacation! Love that you decided to go at the last minute...awesome! Your kids are so cute Ang! I have always loved the beach...but not necessarily the water. Maybe its the relaxing on a towel or chair all day, and that's all that's expected of me. Yup, that's it. Glad you had fun!

Lisa Burbidge said...

Looks like fun times. Your family is adorable.

Monica said...

Those last minute trips are the best, looks like a lot of fun. I love how cute you dress the girls together!